Soon it won’t be long before winter and are we getting a climse of the colder weather this week. So instead of feeling a bit rubbish about the wet weather, I am going to celebrate all things wintery.
1. It is sweater weather and I love a good old jumper to keep me cosy during the cold spell.
2. You need horrid weather outside to appreciate the cosy effect of being snuggled up in bed. I love listening to the rain or wind hitting my window at night and knowing that I am safe and sound.
3. Fluffy socks and a water bottle are really comforting especially when it is really super cold outside. It is the perfect items for when you want to settle down in the warm and watch a movie.
4. There is no guilt for watching TV when it is dire outside, most people spend more time during the colder months hibernating, plus it is when tv broadcasts more decent stuff to watch. No one wants to go out in the dark therefore making it one of the best times to stay at home and relax.
5. The best food is winter food, totally comforting, really warm and stoody. That for me is living the dream right there. You can’t beat roasts, soups or carb based meals to keep you warm in and out.
6. With Winter knowing that Christmas is approaching therefore you know that there is wonderful indulgent food and fab array of festive specials to keep you entertained.
7. I am an early riser since getting older and now that the clocks have gone back I can appreciate the beauty of a sunrise to enjoy when no one is around.
8. It is the season for hot chocolate and there is something rather lovely going for a winter walk and having a hot chocolate when you get home, totally warms the old cockles up for sure!
What things do you like about Winter?
Cheers for reading X
The world we live in feels noisy, we have constant buzzing everywhere you look. In some cases it is good to have noise for distraction or entertainment. However, I believe that there is a time for everything and sometimes it is good to be quiet.
Sometimes, when it is quiet you can think more clearer and listen to your internal monologue. You can listen to the thoughts more clearer and given them more order.
During times of quiet it is a great opportunity of productivity. With no distractions around allows you to focus and concentration on the job in hand. It means a better quality as you main goal is the one thing rather than having lots of noise in your head.
Being quiet when listening to others is really helpful giving the speaker a chance to express themselves and feeling that they are being heard can make all the difference to the outcome at the end. Even if they have no solutions giving the person that time to communicate without interruptions makes them feel as if something positive has been done and that they are heard.
It is good to be just in the moment and being mindful of everything around you, taking it all and accepting what life has to offer and taking that time to disconnect.
"The quieter you become the more you can hear.” — Baba
When there is less distractions it gives you the chance to take your environment in. That is why meditation is good because it slows everything right down and allowing you to relax. It is important to focus on the present and slow down. It can help your health when physically or mentally because your are less tense and more in control. There is less noise which equates to less thinking due to reduction in the information that gets into your brain.
Even if you do five minutes a day of quite time it can give you the change to slow down and enjoy that moment.
Cheers for reading X
Today I am writing about things that have being go well for me at the moment. It is good to take some time out and reflect on the positives as we all can get in a bit of a pattern and forgot about the good stuff that we have achieved.
Firstly, this may seem trivial but for me it is really important as most of my life I have struggled with insomnia and getting to sleep due to anxiety. Recently, I have been getting some good night sleep, which has made a huge difference to my mental health. It really does help with making you feel more better especially thinking more logically and getting less emotional about certain things in my life.
I suppose the next point kinda connects to the last positive in that I have been staying calmer more especially when sometimes I may blow up or struggle to deal with change. I really struggle with change especially when it is unexpected but I have learnt to a little walk away and use distraction techniques.
I have re-developed my love for colouring as a way to not only relax for me but also doing it with my eldest also helps me too. Not to mention the fact that doing an activity together has helped our bond and created some calm down which had a ripple effect on the rest of the day. I have found it is a great way to connect to my son as it something just for us on a Sunday so makes it special for him.
The final positive achievement I have done recently is adding more exercise to help tone my body up and make me feel less ugh. I find regular exercise helps give me a bit more energy and again has helped as a way to get rid of some of the daily frustrations I am faced with.
Cheers for reading X
Have you ever suffered from writer’s block and need inspiration for ideas? Well look no further as I tell you some fab places to find content inspiration for your blog or whatever you need it for.
Here are my Six ways to find inspiration to write.
1) Obviously, a classic place would be to look on websites that relates to topics of interests, such as Mumsnet, huffington post or even general newspapers.
2) A way to generate ideas is to do a thing called a mind map where you put you focus theme in the middle and generate sub categories relating to the main theme. You don’t have to write sentences just words, pictures anything that generates an idea. I find it a really relaxing to get your creative juices flowing so to speak.
3) Third tip is a classic one and that is to read other people’s blogs that may be of similar interests to you. It can really help inspire when reading other people’s work.
4) Look at tweetchats on twitter as it is really good for getting you thinking. There are many regular chats on twitter, on a variety of topics so there is plenty of choice and look at things that may appeal to you to write about.
5) If you are on WordPress you can go to the section called reader allowing you to search on whatever word you type in. It with give you all the WordPress posts that relate to that aspect and it is really fantastic way of getting ideas.
6) Look up themes for a month or time of year you can find different ideas or do the block challenge which has a certain theme for each day can be really helpful in challenging you to write. also looking up Pacific days of the year for celebrations around the ones can really help find topic ideas and I’ve had really successful place in the past because of that.
where do you find inspiration for blog content?
Cheers for reading X
We are now in Autumn season *celebratory dance* and forget about salads and light meals, move on and welcome comfort food to warm you on a cold day. I love this season as it all about warmth, enjoying good food and spending time together at home.
I seem to really enjoy cooking and baking more in the colder days. Maybe because there is only so much rain you can deal with and it is great way to do something at home. Here are some of my favourite food to munch on during fall time.
Toast so simple but so lovely with a couple tea. Alternatively, can’t beat toast with some scrummy yummy soup to fill your tummy up. I love classic soups such as tomato or veggie soup especially if I have come home from being outside in the cold.
I am such a carb junkie in the autumn season, whether it is pasta or potatoes to help keep you full and cosy.
If you’re looking for sweet treats you can’t go wrong with pies – apple, plum and pumpkin make the perfect pudding.
When it fast approaches bonfire/Halloween time hot dogs, apples laced in toffee followed by hot chocolate are the ultimate contesters for going out in the evening cold.
If you’re sick of all the sweet stuff then there is ample amounts of fruit and vegetables during the harvest season. Can’t beat carbs whether it be Mash, or roasts now is the time to stock up. Alongside potatoes there is parsnips, sweet potatoes, pears, apples and figs to keep you healthy. It is also a fun way to get an autumn activity going to pick your own, as there is nothing finer than eating fresh fruit or vegetables the you have picked by your fair hands.
what kind of food do you like during the autumn season?
Cheers for reading X