Today I want to talk about things to do when you’re skint because that’s my situation right now. I thought this may be of use to parents who struggle to find cheap entertainment when you have lack of funds.
1. The first thing that I would suggest is the most obvious thing and that is just to take a ball, frisbee or anything that is suitable for the park It can be just the local Apr down the road but it is still fun. Not to mention getting some fresh air and a break from the four walls of your home.
2. If you are bored, skint and at home then pick film. You can even find a ton of free films on YouTube. Such a easy activity to kill a couple of hours especially when it is rainy or to stop the never ending.
3. If you are desperately needing to escape the Doom of mummy prison then I suggest get your wellies on and go out. Even if it is to just simply collect leaves, sticks and stones. All I can be fantastic material to paint with at home. It is free and a real winner in my home.
4. I love my library, it is such a fabulous service within the community. It is free to loan books and children’s audio books. There is free activities such as rhythmtime and story time – in the latter they provide free activities with all their materials such as paper and colouring in pens. It is a great day out for everyone and you’re learning, what more could you want?!
5. A classic activity to do when you’re skint is to get the board games out or jigsaws. You will be amazed at how much it can kill an hour or two and it us great bonding time. plus, it helps teach children patience and to share!
Is there anything I have not mentioned that is a real winner in your home that doesn’t break the bank?
Hope you have found this helpful and whatever you do I hope you have lots of fun.
Cheers for reading X
Sometimes now and again we all worry about money. I have totally skint but I am so lucky to not have to be in this situation abd thar I am truly great fun for. Here is what I experienced when I was totally skint for months due to poor heath.
- You raid the 1p money jar.
- You watch more TV then normal because you can’t afford to do fun things.
- You dread it when someone wants to go for a coffee and become anti-social.
- You life of value food.
- Choosing between food and electricity.
- Sleeping the day away because your cold and hungry.
- Not sleeping because your scared how to survive of your income.
- Nicking the toilet roll from local collage because you can’t afford it
- You were your coat at home because it is freezing.
- So thankful for freegle or else I wouldn’t of beeb able to afford a bed.
Cheers for reading X
Can you believe that it is the 6th January already, ugh! Looking out of my window it is wet and miserable and I currently feel a bit pants, I think it is the case of the January blues. I tell you why I frigging hate this month.
- Firstly, lets start with the fact that you are now skint after the holidays after you have spend all your money on presents. Not to mention the amount of money you have forked out for them sodding rides, especially in my town they seem to overdosed the area in them. The one’s your little darlings can locate two miles away and because you have to go shopping with sodding the kids you can’t avoid them, ugh!
- You are fat, because you have over indulged and put on another half a stone, of course it was fun at the time when I was stuffing my face with mince pies without a care in the world. Now I have to work my even bigger fat ass off because I can’t afford to buy bigger clothing because I am skint, init!
- You have to deal with the mega sugar withdraws when your cold and skint.
- It is back to normality and routine where lie-ins or lazying around are NOW not acceptable! Let’s not forget the dreaded the school run and silly o’clock, it is an absolute disgrace I tell ya!
- The comedown from Christmas and the sense of magic has gone.
- Everything feels bare and all the pretty lights have gone away. So now all I see is unattractive concrete.
- It is cold, wet and generally boring because all the excitement of December has vanished.
- Then there is them New Year’s resolutions that evaporate after the first week of January casing you to go deeper into the blue mood.
Cheers for reading X