You know that feeling after Christmas when they climax can make you feel bleh and like nothing is exciting because it is all happened. Not to mention that you gained more pounds and lost some via the bank, sigh. So, I have looked at some ways to help feel less blue.
With Christmas we have spend more time at home, indulging in food and sitting watching copious amounts of television. A change of scenery is good especially when it is out in nature and going for walks outside. It is a fantastic way to blow of them cobwebs and you really do feel tons better.
Since Christmas I for one have been so focused on dealing presents, food, entertainment that now I have got nothing to focus on. That is why making plans and doing something exciting can really help give you back that cest for life. It doesn’t even have to be something big, it could be just a walk to your local library and reading some new books.
Of course a good way to feeling better is eating more healthy choices and reduce the amount of sugar laden food. You feel much better physically and mentally for it.
Sometimes, it is easy to get stuck in a pity party especially after all the excitement of Christmas has vanished. Sometimes just changing the way you think or looking at the things that you do have and being thankful really make you feel tons better.
Have you noticed that Christmas routine slips away, you relax and take it easy. You may have been really busy with social engagements so getting to a routine can help you feel so much better and a bit more in control.
Obviously, we love a good drink or two, why not it’s Christmas. But now that Christmas is finished reduce the amount of alcohol will help you greatly, as alcohol is a depressant so can influence your mood hugely.
What things have helped you shift the feeling of post Christmas blues?
Cheers for reading X
Sometimes life can be stressful or we don’t look after ourselves. A way to help when life gets on top of us is practice something positive to do for ourselves to help make sure that you as a person are cared for. Below I have gathered 50 ways to do self care, the activities are a mixed bag and some are free some may require some cash. Others don’t take long compared to other activities that can take longer. Therefore, there is plenty of choice for you to choose from to help you feel good and making sure that you DO self care on yourself. It is important to look after others but ultimately you need to make sure that you as an individual are in tip top shape. Enjoy!
2. Read a book
3. Go for a walk
4. Talk to someone
5. Write a blog post
6. Have a hot tea
7. Watch something funny
8. Have a shower
10.Paint your nails
11. Take a photo
12. Have a sleep
13. Go to bed
14. Write a letter to someone
15. Colouring in
16. Explore nature
17. Read inspiration quotes
18. Write an action plan to a problem
19. Burn a candle
20. Have a cuddle
21. Treat yourself
22. Learn something new
23. Stretch your body
25. Stroke an animal
26. Drink a glass of water
27. Sort out your emails
28. Sell something on ebay
29. Sort out your drawers
31.spend an hour alone
32. Go to a coffee shop
33. Visit a art gallery
34. Choose to have a good day
35. Be spontanous
36. Listen to a meditation
38. Forgive yourself
39. Get a massage
40. Get a haircut
41. Make a playlist of your favourite tracks
42. Look at cat gifs on the internet
43. Create a mood board
44. Do nothing
45. Practice breathing
46. Binge watch a box set
47. Watch a film
48. Browse pinterest for inspiration
49. Squeeze a stress ball
50. Snuggle under a throw
Cheers for reading X
Let the water drip down,
Flowing down your body,
Let the warmth fill you
Will joy and cleanliness.
Take big energy
To see it right throw.
Soak me up,
Let my worries slip away,
And ready to start the day.
As a person who struggles to wind down it is always good to find ways to help me switch off. I am quite an anxious person naturally, so therefore, at times I can neglect myself especially when the anxiety is getting to me.
1) Turn off the technology, this will help you switch off from all the noise that is going on. It give you time to turn off the thoughts and help get your body naturally tired.
2) Don’t drink caffeine an hour before bed as caffeine is a known stimulate that will increase the changes of not wanting to go to bed.
3) Make sure you get the right temperature for bedroom to help you feel more comfortable and ready to settle down for the night.
4) Reading before bed is a fantastic way to help get you tired but also feel more relaxed.
5) Watch something that is calming and not thought provoking and not a programme that will make you think or cause an emotional reaction because you don’t want racing thoughts as it can prevent you from sleeping and more likely waste timing thinking where you could of been sleeping.
6) If you have anything thoughts that seem to be repeating and stopping you from getting sleep a good technique is to have a note book by your bed and writing down your thoughts. If there are written down then it is more easier to stay on top of them and they can then be deal with in the morning.
7) Having a bedtime routine can help settle you down ready for sleep and it also trains your brain so it gets used to knowing what is happening and what to expect.
8) Put some relaxing music and create a calming environment.
9) Have a bath – a great way to relax and soak the muscles after a long day.
What ways help you relax before bed?
Cheers for reading X
Sometimes I just want to throw the towel in because I feel like a pile of shit. I am particularly venerable in feeling down because my confidence is at rock bottom. It can be really mentally draining when you are rejected all the time, it can be so disheartened especially when you have so much hope in that one thing. So, how do you overcome rejection, well here my tops to cope with such a horrible feeling.
1) First of it is ok to grieve in a sense and have a good old cry. I feel it is good to mope for short period as it gives you more time to come round to the decision.
)Reminding yourself that this feeling will pass and it will get better.
3) A great way to try not to pay all your attention on the feelings of rejection is to keep yourself distracted. This will make you not feed into the downward spiral of a downer instead you can do something practical and deal with the feelings at a later date when you are calmer.
4) Accepting the rejection and moving on. It may help to acknowledge that you are not the only person in the world to have experienced rejection. At some point in life everyone will experience rejection even the most successful people can;t run away from it either.
5) Rejection maybe a good thing for you. For example if you attended a job interview you could ask the interviewer the reasons behind their decision to not employ you. This could potentially help you learn and help make changes to improve if needed.
6) Finally I feel it is important to praise yourself as it is an indicate that you are living your life and taking that risk by putting yourself out there. It takes courage to put yourself in a venerable situation so take time to appreciate the work you have achieved.
What ways help you deal with rejection?
Cheers for reading X