Today I am writing about things that have being go well for me at the moment. It is good to take some time out and reflect on the positives as we all can get in a bit of a pattern and forgot about the good stuff that we have achieved.
Firstly, this may seem trivial but for me it is really important as most of my life I have struggled with insomnia and getting to sleep due to anxiety. Recently, I have been getting some good night sleep, which has made a huge difference to my mental health. It really does help with making you feel more better especially thinking more logically and getting less emotional about certain things in my life.
I suppose the next point kinda connects to the last positive in that I have been staying calmer more especially when sometimes I may blow up or struggle to deal with change. I really struggle with change especially when it is unexpected but I have learnt to a little walk away and use distraction techniques.
I have re-developed my love for colouring as a way to not only relax for me but also doing it with my eldest also helps me too. Not to mention the fact that doing an activity together has helped our bond and created some calm down which had a ripple effect on the rest of the day. I have found it is a great way to connect to my son as it something just for us on a Sunday so makes it special for him.
The final positive achievement I have done recently is adding more exercise to help tone my body up and make me feel less ugh. I find regular exercise helps give me a bit more energy and again has helped as a way to get rid of some of the daily frustrations I am faced with.
Cheers for reading X
Sometimes you have to go with the wind,
to learn a lesson,
and move forward.
I don’t really do resolutions but I like to have goals just generally to ty and strive to. So I thought I would write them down, no pressure to achieve them but do what I can.
- Learning to say no and not instantly saying yes because that is what people want to hear. Then later having to deal with the anxiety. Knowing that I can take my time and not instantly reply.
- Being more accepting of myself and that I have faults but does not make me less of a person.
- Being more open with how feel and even improve how I express myself. Even if it is a tiny smidgen it is better then staying put.
- Working better on my atrocious grammar, something I am constantly striving to improve. English language is a struggle for me so there is always room for improvement.
- Having more confidence, I know so common but so true. I have very low confidence especially when it comes to parenting.
- Eating healthy and making better choices when it comes to food.
- Getting better camera control when doing YouTube videos. Stop being so lazy and take my time with the tripod.
- Increasing my social media stats would be nice. Who doesn’t hey and though I am not that bothered and I don’t have a huge influence, it is nice to work on something that is visual and know you can grow from working on your blog.
- Getting better in social environments, even if it is just asking a shop assistant for something or going in and ordering something. I am constantly anxious and worry about being embarrassed in front of people.
- Not holding on to destructive thoughts or taking things personally. This is first mode I go into and trying to reason more would help me greatly.
Cheers for reading X