I get frustrated a lot because of my autism. I tend to then result in going down the angry root, easy and it gets rid of that pent up energy. That being said it can have consequences and yes some angry can be good, not for me I use it wrongly. I have however over the years learnt slowly to redirect that angry into more productive ways. So, I am going to share with you ways that have helped me deal with anger.
1. If you can go to your room and punch a pillow it will do wonders and stops any angry.
2. Go out for a walk and get away from the stressful situation.
3. Write down them frustrations, you will be amazed at how therapeutic after it is to clear the thoughts from your head.
4. Count to ten, especially when in the moment. I find that when doing it stops the instant rage and can give you that breather to think clearer.
5. Walk away from the situation and give yourself time to calm down.
6. If it is something you need to make a decision or impulse give yourself time before doing some rash when you are not in the frame of mind to make a clear decision.
7. Anger tends to mask another emotion such as hurt, depression, sadness. It can be easier to be angry as a defense mechanism in order to protect yourself. If you can speak to someone whether be a doctor, friend or family member that you can trust to discuss deep feelings and allow them to come to the surface instead of being suppressed, may be a real benefit for your mental health long term.
8. Do some physical exercise like running, swimming or whatever tickles your fancy. to get rid of that frustration can do the world of good for your health.
9. Keep a journal of how you feel when anger occurs. Overtime you can evaluate what kind of things trigger the anger.
10. Have a plan in place for when the anger comes so you know what you can do when the anger occurs. You will tons better because you are taking action of managing your control and if it is anxiety based knowing how to respond or what triggers it can help you feel better about dealing with the situation.
What kind of things help you when experiencing anger?
Cheers for reading X
Christmas is nearly upon us and have you ever thought about looking at SportsDirect for presents, me neither until Mumsnet challenged me to get some gifts for £5.
This will be a present for my youngest as he loves dolls. I want him to have a mix of toys and to know that he can play with whatever tickles his fancy.
Magic Pens – £1
These magic pens are only a pound but they are perfect christmas stocking filler. My son loves quirky things and one of his favorite things to do is write. He spends a lot time at home writing or drawing. These are fun as they have a white pen that you can go over and transform the colours.
Notebook – £1.99
As mentioned above my eldest loves to write so he gets through a lot of notebooks. This is an A6, perfect size for taking out travelling on transport or even at a restaurant as we all kids gets bored very quickly. I like the size of the notebook as it can fit into my easy which appealed to me.
Grafix craft box – £5
Firstly, what appealed to me about this gigantic box of craft is the price and the fact the brand is Grafix. I have previously bought stuff from Grafix and find it very good maker for children’s toys and activities.
I love the fact that the box has everything you need and is a perfect gift for them days you spend at home and need something to excite the child. The product gives you the ideas which makes my life as a parent much easier.
Raging bull game – £5
This is a brilliant fun gift for all the family. I wanted because it was not to complicated in doing and was suited for a four and six year old. I have in the past got too easy or too hard type game but this is perfect for age and how long it takes for their needs.
Crayola stamp set – £3
Currently half price and I find Crayola paint/ink really good for causing any nasty reactions and really quick wash. These are the kind of things I think about when I choose presents for children. It will be a brilliant children’s christmas present. What child doesn’t love a bit of stamping. I like things that are not too complicated as I have learnt it is much better way to be when you have smaller children.
Crayola doodle magic travel pack – £5
This is such a fantastic idea. for start you can reuse it over and over again and use cloth to clean. It is doesn’t stain and keeps children entertained. It is excellent storage and kids love carrying things, making them feel more grown up. This will be super for a Christmas present as we will be travelling to relatives during the festive period. It can be used in the car when driving or at someone’s home to use.
When looking for presents are the Sports Direct it was amazing the variety of goods and some really good brands. You can get some cracking bargains and there is an assortment for all different age groups. I really like the diverse range of products and there is some real good inspiration when I was looking around.
As someone who is on a budget, I think Sports direct is a excellent place to visit. Obviously there are not just low budget items but that being said there is plenty to chose from if you don’t have bag fulls of money to spare.
Cheers for reading X
“This post is an entry for BritMums #sdfiverchallenge Christmas Challenge, sponsored by https://www.sportsdirect.com.”
I’ve lost my way,
Siting in the dark,
With no words to be found.
The responsibility has gone,
I feel lighter,
Knowing it is out,
now I weight,
With nothing else,