Hey readers ,
my word of the week is
because I have finally got my head in place to deal with Christmas shopping. I am so glad I have completed it, I really struggled with the busyness, so glad it is done now rather than later. I can not believe how busy it is or it could be down to the fact I haven’t been in a shop for over a week. Anyhow, that is one pressure done and it is such a relief. How hot are the stores right now, I feel like I an going pass out, ugh! Still in denial that we are in December and we are fast approaching Christmas, eek!
That said I have been enjoying the films that have been on telly at the moment. I do love to curl up in the evening when it is so miserable outside.
Hope you have had a good week.
Cheers for reading.
Can you actually believe that we are in DECEMBER, its true! Let’s get in the festive spirit and things Christmas related.
On the big day you can eat your body weight in calories and drink the booze until your sozzled on the sofa.
Kids are not allowed to stay they are bored. because how can they be bored with that amount of new s**t!
Normally tat is frowned upon, but the brighter and more daring the decoration the better Christmas vibe it brings!
Finally something half decent is on TV and I am not even talking about Netflix, I am just talking about the ‘normal’ channels.
All the stand up DVD’S come out!
There is nothing more beautiful than having candles on and watching the twinkly lights in the evening.
Now I have children I have an excuse to read the Beano and feel the love once more.
Roast potatoes lavished with goose fat, why?… ermmm because it is christmas and I can do what I like and no one will bat an eyelid!
Christmas toilet roll, can you get anymore festive.
I find it really therapeutic wrapping presents, especially when I have the radio on in the background and a good old alcoholic drink in my hand, really helps me get in the mood for Christmas.
Having family of my own to share it with, at one point in my life I had no one. So, I feel truly blessed to be able people that I can call my own and celebrate with.
Using Father Christmas as a threat to keep your little ones in order I am going miss when it is over.
Seeing the magic in your kids eyes and that lovely innocent excitement on Christmas Eve.
Having snuggles with the boys on the sofa Christmas eve and watching Channel four special film they do every year (seems to be a tradition in our household).
Cheers for reading X
Soon it won’t be long before winter and are we getting a climse of the colder weather this week. So instead of feeling a bit rubbish about the wet weather, I am going to celebrate all things wintery.
1. It is sweater weather and I love a good old jumper to keep me cosy during the cold spell.
2. You need horrid weather outside to appreciate the cosy effect of being snuggled up in bed. I love listening to the rain or wind hitting my window at night and knowing that I am safe and sound.
3. Fluffy socks and a water bottle are really comforting especially when it is really super cold outside. It is the perfect items for when you want to settle down in the warm and watch a movie.
4. There is no guilt for watching TV when it is dire outside, most people spend more time during the colder months hibernating, plus it is when tv broadcasts more decent stuff to watch. No one wants to go out in the dark therefore making it one of the best times to stay at home and relax.
5. The best food is winter food, totally comforting, really warm and stoody. That for me is living the dream right there. You can’t beat roasts, soups or carb based meals to keep you warm in and out.
6. With Winter knowing that Christmas is approaching therefore you know that there is wonderful indulgent food and fab array of festive specials to keep you entertained.
7. I am an early riser since getting older and now that the clocks have gone back I can appreciate the beauty of a sunrise to enjoy when no one is around.
8. It is the season for hot chocolate and there is something rather lovely going for a winter walk and having a hot chocolate when you get home, totally warms the old cockles up for sure!
What things do you like about Winter?
Cheers for reading X
Today I am writing about things that have being go well for me at the moment. It is good to take some time out and reflect on the positives as we all can get in a bit of a pattern and forgot about the good stuff that we have achieved.
Firstly, this may seem trivial but for me it is really important as most of my life I have struggled with insomnia and getting to sleep due to anxiety. Recently, I have been getting some good night sleep, which has made a huge difference to my mental health. It really does help with making you feel more better especially thinking more logically and getting less emotional about certain things in my life.
I suppose the next point kinda connects to the last positive in that I have been staying calmer more especially when sometimes I may blow up or struggle to deal with change. I really struggle with change especially when it is unexpected but I have learnt to a little walk away and use distraction techniques.
I have re-developed my love for colouring as a way to not only relax for me but also doing it with my eldest also helps me too. Not to mention the fact that doing an activity together has helped our bond and created some calm down which had a ripple effect on the rest of the day. I have found it is a great way to connect to my son as it something just for us on a Sunday so makes it special for him.
The final positive achievement I have done recently is adding more exercise to help tone my body up and make me feel less ugh. I find regular exercise helps give me a bit more energy and again has helped as a way to get rid of some of the daily frustrations I am faced with.
Cheers for reading X