Looking for a simple effect chocolate sponge cake. Then check out my recipe below.
150g milk chocolate
6oz self-raising flour
7-inch cake tin
1) Preheat the oven 170c and grease the sandwich tin and line with parchment paper.
2) Put all the sugar and butter into a bowl and mix together with an electrical whisk.
3) Crack all the eggs into a jug, then slowly pour a little egg into the mix and whisk. The consistency should be creamy.
4) Next gradually add the flour and mix into the mixture until the flour is all mixed in.
5) Melt the chocolate in the microwave for a minute and then mix into the mixture.
6) Pour the mixture into the cake tin.
7) Place in the centre of the oven. Cook for 25 minutes then checks the cake with a toothpick to check if the cake is cooked. I had to constantly check it a fair few times (5-minute intervals) until the stick was clear.
8) Take the cake out of the tin and place it on to a cooling rack to cool down.
Cheers for reading X
Today I share with you my raspberry Victoria sponge cake.
For the sponge
225g butter and some extra to greese proof tins
225g self raising flower
2tsp self raising powder
4 free range eggs
2 tsps Vanilla bean paste
225g Golden caster sugar
8in cake tin
For the filling
150ml Double cream
spread as much raspberry jam needed
1) Preheat the oven on 180C/350F/Gas 4.
2) Cut out some greaseproof paper to fit your tin and then line it up on your tins. Next rub the tins with butter on the paper and on the sides.
3) Crack the eggs into a bowl and mix the sugar, flour, butter, vanilla bean paste and baking powder into a bowl. Mix with the electrical whisk until it is all combined together.
4) Divide the mixture between the two tins.
5) Place the tins into the middle shelf of the oven for 25 mixtures. After 25 minutes check the sponge with a bamboo stick to see if it is clear.
5) Take the cakes out of the oven and place them on the side to cool for 10 minutes and then remove the cakes from the tin and place on a wire rack.
6) Whip up the cream with the electrical whisk.
7) Smooth out one half on the cake with the raspberry Jam and then put the cream on top.
8) Finally place the other half on the cake on top and sprinkle with icing sugar.
Cheers for reading X