Soon it won’t be long before winter and are we getting a climse of the colder weather this week. So instead of feeling a bit rubbish about the wet weather, I am going to celebrate all things wintery.
1. It is sweater weather and I love a good old jumper to keep me cosy during the cold spell.
2. You need horrid weather outside to appreciate the cosy effect of being snuggled up in bed. I love listening to the rain or wind hitting my window at night and knowing that I am safe and sound.
3. Fluffy socks and a water bottle are really comforting especially when it is really super cold outside. It is the perfect items for when you want to settle down in the warm and watch a movie.
4. There is no guilt for watching TV when it is dire outside, most people spend more time during the colder months hibernating, plus it is when tv broadcasts more decent stuff to watch. No one wants to go out in the dark therefore making it one of the best times to stay at home and relax.
5. The best food is winter food, totally comforting, really warm and stoody. That for me is living the dream right there. You can’t beat roasts, soups or carb based meals to keep you warm in and out.
6. With Winter knowing that Christmas is approaching therefore you know that there is wonderful indulgent food and fab array of festive specials to keep you entertained.
7. I am an early riser since getting older and now that the clocks have gone back I can appreciate the beauty of a sunrise to enjoy when no one is around.
8. It is the season for hot chocolate and there is something rather lovely going for a winter walk and having a hot chocolate when you get home, totally warms the old cockles up for sure!
What things do you like about Winter?
Cheers for reading X
The world we live in feels noisy, we have constant buzzing everywhere you look. In some cases it is good to have noise for distraction or entertainment. However, I believe that there is a time for everything and sometimes it is good to be quiet.
Sometimes, when it is quiet you can think more clearer and listen to your internal monologue. You can listen to the thoughts more clearer and given them more order.
During times of quiet it is a great opportunity of productivity. With no distractions around allows you to focus and concentration on the job in hand. It means a better quality as you main goal is the one thing rather than having lots of noise in your head.
Being quiet when listening to others is really helpful giving the speaker a chance to express themselves and feeling that they are being heard can make all the difference to the outcome at the end. Even if they have no solutions giving the person that time to communicate without interruptions makes them feel as if something positive has been done and that they are heard.
It is good to be just in the moment and being mindful of everything around you, taking it all and accepting what life has to offer and taking that time to disconnect.
"The quieter you become the more you can hear.” — Baba
When there is less distractions it gives you the chance to take your environment in. That is why meditation is good because it slows everything right down and allowing you to relax. It is important to focus on the present and slow down. It can help your health when physically or mentally because your are less tense and more in control. There is less noise which equates to less thinking due to reduction in the information that gets into your brain.
Even if you do five minutes a day of quite time it can give you the change to slow down and enjoy that moment.
Cheers for reading X
Today I am writing about things that have being go well for me at the moment. It is good to take some time out and reflect on the positives as we all can get in a bit of a pattern and forgot about the good stuff that we have achieved.
Firstly, this may seem trivial but for me it is really important as most of my life I have struggled with insomnia and getting to sleep due to anxiety. Recently, I have been getting some good night sleep, which has made a huge difference to my mental health. It really does help with making you feel more better especially thinking more logically and getting less emotional about certain things in my life.
I suppose the next point kinda connects to the last positive in that I have been staying calmer more especially when sometimes I may blow up or struggle to deal with change. I really struggle with change especially when it is unexpected but I have learnt to a little walk away and use distraction techniques.
I have re-developed my love for colouring as a way to not only relax for me but also doing it with my eldest also helps me too. Not to mention the fact that doing an activity together has helped our bond and created some calm down which had a ripple effect on the rest of the day. I have found it is a great way to connect to my son as it something just for us on a Sunday so makes it special for him.
The final positive achievement I have done recently is adding more exercise to help tone my body up and make me feel less ugh. I find regular exercise helps give me a bit more energy and again has helped as a way to get rid of some of the daily frustrations I am faced with.
Cheers for reading X