Here is a lovely reindeer sugar cookie recipe to do with children over the festive holiday.
- 226g butter
- 200g sugar – light soft brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Icing to decorate
- eye decoration (optional)
1) Preheat the oven to 160c fan or 180c
2) In a bowl measure the sugar and butter and cream together until smooth.
3) Beat in the vanilla extract and egg.
4) Next put 390g flour and two teaspoons of baking powder into a bowl. Mix all the ingredients together well.
5) We didn’t have a cookie cutter as suggested so we rolled them roughly into little balls until all the mixture is gone.
6) Then transferred the balls onto a baking tray and flatten them with the bottom of a cup measurer to create a circle shape and transfer onto the tray with a fish slicer. (We saved a small mixture back to make the little noses for reindeer).
7) If you have a conventional oven place them in the centre and if you have a fan oven you can place them anywhere you like.
8) Bake for 10 minutes.
9) Then remove the cookies from the oven and place on to a rack for a couple of minutes to cool down.
10) Then decorate how you desire.
I have also *attempted* do a video here with the children! (upload tomorrow).
Cheers for reading X