Soon it won’t be long before winter and are we getting a climse of the colder weather this week. So instead of feeling a bit rubbish about the wet weather, I am going to celebrate all things wintery.
1. It is sweater weather and I love a good old jumper to keep me cosy during the cold spell.
2. You need horrid weather outside to appreciate the cosy effect of being snuggled up in bed. I love listening to the rain or wind hitting my window at night and knowing that I am safe and sound.
3. Fluffy socks and a water bottle are really comforting especially when it is really super cold outside. It is the perfect items for when you want to settle down in the warm and watch a movie.
4. There is no guilt for watching TV when it is dire outside, most people spend more time during the colder months hibernating, plus it is when tv broadcasts more decent stuff to watch. No one wants to go out in the dark therefore making it one of the best times to stay at home and relax.
5. The best food is winter food, totally comforting, really warm and stoody. That for me is living the dream right there. You can’t beat roasts, soups or carb based meals to keep you warm in and out.
6. With Winter knowing that Christmas is approaching therefore you know that there is wonderful indulgent food and fab array of festive specials to keep you entertained.
7. I am an early riser since getting older and now that the clocks have gone back I can appreciate the beauty of a sunrise to enjoy when no one is around.
8. It is the season for hot chocolate and there is something rather lovely going for a winter walk and having a hot chocolate when you get home, totally warms the old cockles up for sure!
What things do you like about Winter?
Cheers for reading X
I get frustrated a lot because of my autism. I tend to then result in going down the angry root, easy and it gets rid of that pent up energy. That being said it can have consequences and yes some angry can be good, not for me I use it wrongly. I have however over the years learnt slowly to redirect that angry into more productive ways. So, I am going to share with you ways that have helped me deal with anger.
1. If you can go to your room and punch a pillow it will do wonders and stops any angry.
2. Go out for a walk and get away from the stressful situation.
3. Write down them frustrations, you will be amazed at how therapeutic after it is to clear the thoughts from your head.
4. Count to ten, especially when in the moment. I find that when doing it stops the instant rage and can give you that breather to think clearer.
5. Walk away from the situation and give yourself time to calm down.
6. If it is something you need to make a decision or impulse give yourself time before doing some rash when you are not in the frame of mind to make a clear decision.
7. Anger tends to mask another emotion such as hurt, depression, sadness. It can be easier to be angry as a defense mechanism in order to protect yourself. If you can speak to someone whether be a doctor, friend or family member that you can trust to discuss deep feelings and allow them to come to the surface instead of being suppressed, may be a real benefit for your mental health long term.
8. Do some physical exercise like running, swimming or whatever tickles your fancy. to get rid of that frustration can do the world of good for your health.
9. Keep a journal of how you feel when anger occurs. Overtime you can evaluate what kind of things trigger the anger.
10. Have a plan in place for when the anger comes so you know what you can do when the anger occurs. You will tons better because you are taking action of managing your control and if it is anxiety based knowing how to respond or what triggers it can help you feel better about dealing with the situation.
What kind of things help you when experiencing anger?
Cheers for reading X