Apparently I have been told that this week is national picnic week so let’s celebrate this appreciate for all things picnicy!
Firstly, as a parent picnic’s are a blessing because it means less tiding up for you as you leave the crumbs and check the paper plates in the bin, result!
You can pretend to be all fancy with your paper plates and napkins, there is a sense of sophistication (even if it is paper).
It is a great way to get out of mummy prison and less time having to focus on what the hell you going to do to entertain your child.
Any excuse for some ice-cream – let’s make this a number one priority when having a picnic.
Picnic food can be finger food, which is my kinda food. It is lovely a spread out where you can take as you please, there is a sense of family and togetherness. You can bond and talk about life *cue sick bucket*.
Nothing says summer like eating out Al fresco in the open.
When your young it feels like an adventure and it is free in the fact that when it is winter and miserable you end up in soft play hell and a hole in your wallet.
It is good to have a change of scenery and doing something different. Parenting can become tedious doing the same thing day in, day out so it gives us parents a change to keep hold of your sanity.
Eating outside when the sun is shining is a quick way to top up on some Vitamin D, which has some health benefits with helping your mind feel good.
Technically if the child/ren are outside they are running around during that energy off which means that they should sleep better, *fist pumps*.
Cheers for reading X
Watch out girls then is a returning trend that is coming this summer – underbun! If you have not heard of an underbun it is basically where you have such short shorts that your bottom slips out. Now I don’t care about flesh sharing but sometimes girls can show far too much for the eyes to see.
Nude leggings are just a no no for me, sorry. They are not attractive and tell everyone the truth, no one wants to see them stretched over your backside, unless your stick thin it is revolting. They are also in a disgusting colour and they just not flattering at all, if you own a pair do us all a favour and bin them!
What is it with glitter in your roots, seriously it looks like someone has sneezed on your head or you have a really bad case of coloured dandruff. Whoever thought this was cool, it is not, so please just die off!
A recent trend that is growing in popularity is fur slides. To me they look like something that resembles a middle class lady of leisure that struts about in her silk dressing gown. They just look cheap and tacky, seriously if Rihanna fell of the cliff would everyone else jump off too?! I am glad I am so old that I just don’t care anymore (not that did when I was younger) to care about being hip and fashionable.
Tracksuit bottoms with the word juicy plastered on the bottom, just looks awful. I thought they had there day but they seem to be reappearing in my local area, please just stop, I don’t want to be forced to look at your bottom.
Fake tan just looks horrific, streaky and unnatural. Why do this, it is just not right, are they blind, do women not see this. Ok, some can get it right but a majority go overboard or can not blend it in correctly causing it to have that lovely streaky marking. I have done it once myself, never again. I looked like the angry orange and wasted money when I could of just brought a bar of chocolate and have been happy as Larry.
Is there trends that you wish to fizzle out promto?
Cheers for reading X
I thought today I would share with you my five top lessons that I have learnt so far in my life.
My first lesson is that there is more good then there is bad in the world. Sometimes we can all get sucked into the doom and the gloom of bad news that we can forget that there is so many good people in this world. I think the below quote is spot on and something that we should all try and remember.
My second lesson I have learnt is that sods law will always kick your ass every single time. When you think you know what will happen in life then you can guarantee that something will pull that your feet at that moment in time. I suppose a classic example would be where is that bus when I am running late when normally it is bang on time!
As an anxiety suffer you believe every thought and feeling at that given time. You feel like you are stuck and things will never change. So my third lesson would be that the feeling will pass. I try to focus on this thought when hard times hit and life seems scary!
My four lesson would be that you can take it or leave it when it comes to your thoughts because at the end of the day they is just all they are and only come from YOUR brain. No one stuck have that choice to whether you act upon them or not.
The final lesson that I have learnt in my life is and one of the best cures for stressful situations is to have a cup of tea and toast as it is the best way to solves problems. So, if I need time to think this is the one stop solution to give me a chance to think clearer.
What lessons have you learnt in life? What do you think of mine?
Cheers for reading X
I love a gadget and over the recent weeks I have found some cracking good gadgets that if money were no object I would buy and enjoy at my own pleasure. Here is the kind of gadgets I like.
Firstly, my faviouritist gadget is the Roomba, which basically is a robotic vacuum cleaner. How amazing is this for us parents who have sadly got to be constantly hoovering after children. This is the perfect solution.Obviously, I would never get it just to watch my cat on it 😉
Recently, I have been loving drone YouTube videos, which are amazing ways to get great area views of a location. So therefore next on the list would be a drone.
3D scanner just blow my mind away, wow, how amazing is the detail of the work used by the scanner. This would be totally fun and would be fun to watch my boys mesmerised to see the scanner in action.
I so desperately love a GoPro, again you can capture great content for YouTube and such a fun way to get creative.
Elephas Portable LED Pico Projector is such a cool way to project videos or whatever from your smart phone on to the telly.
A curved TV would be amazing to view TV in a much interesting format with 4K viewing making the display more clearer and detailed. but not entirely sure I would want to see Bruce Forsyth that close up 😉
Panasonic Lumix GX7 camera as it would be brilliant for my blogging and it has a flip screen so you can see what is happening. It also has top reviews so it is a good ‘un in my eyes.
Obviously, I would love the latest Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone as I have currently got that brand and I have used several and know especially with my clumsiness that it is good one for my needs. This model is also have these features, m
Cheers for reading X
Sometimes I just want to throw the towel in because I feel like a pile of shit. I am particularly venerable in feeling down because my confidence is at rock bottom. It can be really mentally draining when you are rejected all the time, it can be so disheartened especially when you have so much hope in that one thing. So, how do you overcome rejection, well here my tops to cope with such a horrible feeling.
1) First of it is ok to grieve in a sense and have a good old cry. I feel it is good to mope for short period as it gives you more time to come round to the decision.
)Reminding yourself that this feeling will pass and it will get better.
3) A great way to try not to pay all your attention on the feelings of rejection is to keep yourself distracted. This will make you not feed into the downward spiral of a downer instead you can do something practical and deal with the feelings at a later date when you are calmer.
4) Accepting the rejection and moving on. It may help to acknowledge that you are not the only person in the world to have experienced rejection. At some point in life everyone will experience rejection even the most successful people can;t run away from it either.
5) Rejection maybe a good thing for you. For example if you attended a job interview you could ask the interviewer the reasons behind their decision to not employ you. This could potentially help you learn and help make changes to improve if needed.
6) Finally I feel it is important to praise yourself as it is an indicate that you are living your life and taking that risk by putting yourself out there. It takes courage to put yourself in a venerable situation so take time to appreciate the work you have achieved.
What ways help you deal with rejection?
Cheers for reading X
check out my list of boredom busters to do around the home.
1) Read a book -a brilliant way to get lost in a story and get kill that boredom.
2) Have a bath can take that half an hour off and you feel suitable refreshed.
3) Do some colouring, in a colour in book. It can really help you to concentrate on the task and use your creative skills.
4) Binge watch some YouTube video – as we all know there is a whole host of choice on a wide selection of topics to enjoy on the old YouTube. Though be warned can be a bit of a vortex and you may end up watching too many videos of kittens are robotic hoovers.
5) Bake something and get rewarded after. It can be something really simple such as making cornflake cakes but you will feel you have achieved something with your time. Or alternatively, try a new recipe and enhance your skills at cooking.
6) Sort out some clutter out in your home that needs taking care off and the good thing is you feel really productive after. We all have some bits to sort out and organise in our home and what better way to use your time then in a constructive way. There is no lovelier feeling then to get something in order.
7) Of course I could not miss out on the old blog and writing up a blog post is a great way to use your time. You can write as much or little as you want. You could alternatively read other blogs to get inspiration from them.
8) There is something very therapeutic about painting your nails and taking your time to do a good job can make you feel so much better when making simple changes to your appearance.
9) I be honest, I am a bit old school and when I have time I love nothing better then completing a jigsaw puzzle. A positive thing about doing jigsaw puzzles is that it enhances your problem solving skills with trying to solve where the pieces go.
10) If all else fails and your stuck for ideas then do some exercise. You don’t even have to pay for silly dvds that cost an arm or a leg, you can find free material from YouTube or Pinterest for instance!
Hope this inspired you to kill some of that boredom.
Cheers for reading X
I love flats any day over the week and much prefer them to the hell that is high heels. Here are some reasons why flat shoes are winners.
Firstly, you can wear flat shoes for long periods of time and unlike high heels not have to endure massive pain walking in heels.
Flat shoes don’t have to be boring, they can actually be just as pretty as some heel shoes.
Nothing feels as good as feeling confident and when better then in flats.
Flats don’t feel overpowering compared to high heels. They are not flashy but practical and comfortable.
Flats are so god dame comfortable which really makes a different to how you feel.
One of the major benefits with flat shoes is you can actually walk in them, on cobble floors or even run after the bus, you couldn’t do that in a heel I tell you!
One attractive feature of a flat shoe is that it does not come with a high price tag with them, which makes flat shoes a hell of a lot more attractive in my eyes.
You don’t have to suffer with flat shoes like you do with heels. With heels your toes tend to be scrunched up or any sort of pain in your feet when wearing flats, they are just pure joy to wear.
Flat shoes are so versatile with clothing and compliment many different outfits.
I find that I get more wear out of flats as I am more likely to wear those more then special occasions, therefore feel getting more money out of flat shoes.
Most of all you don’t get the pre-dread you experience with heels as you know your feet are going to be happy and you are comfortable which has to be the best reason ever for why flat shoes beat high heels.
Cheers for reading X