Hope you are coping with summer holidays and not enduring too much squabbling if you have two children, like me who feels a full time referee.
Anyhoos, here is my ten things that have happened to me recently.
- I completed a very basic photography course but it was great in getting my juices flowing and be inspired to not just constantly have my camera on auto.
- I also completed a course in mindfulness to see what all the hype was about. It is not really my think but some things I have taken on board and found helpful.
- I have been enjoying the sunshine and getting shed loads of washing done, whoop!
- I am loving easy going mornings and not feeling like a headless chicken to get the boys ready for nursery in the mornings.
- I have upped my exercise and trying to get more fit as I have hurt my foot recently causing me a lot pain when walking. So that has helped me feel better and of course nothing beats going out in the fresh air.
- I have joined in with the craze that is Pokemon Go and it is fun doing it with the boys. Great excuse to go out and hunt the little animals down 🙂
- I have finally got round to purchasing a laptop. Oh my word it so much better then my tablet with the processor and saves me a lot of time sorting blogging stuff out.I am a lot quicker at typing compared to the tablet which is a bonus!
- I set myself a challenge to read more and it has been great to just get lost in books. I have had really bad anxiety so this has helped make me feel better more productive.
- I have felt really inspired to write more stuff on the blog and get loads of ideas for content.
- I enjoyed spending 1-2-1 time with my eldest and I took him on his first tram trip which he loved so much.
Cheers for reading X
- Sleep is everything once you become a parent and it is the backbone of functioning. Getting a good night sleep is so important as a parent and to my own wellbeing.
- Laughter in any shape or form I find important in my life.I know for me enjoying something with my partner such as watching a stand up comedy show is a perfect way to Chill out and feel good.
- Having some ‘me time’ whether thast be in the form of a bath, a bit of colouring in or even blogging all can help reduce tension and feel better within myself.
- I don’t know if it is just me but as a parent the guilt is a killer particularly with comments like, ‘enjoy them when they young’. sometimes it leaves me so uptight that I don’t enjoy anything as I am so on edge. I have learnt to just go with the flow enjoy what you have got and don’t worry about the ‘what ifs’ as it is important to be just in the moment.
- Sitting back and appreciating the small stuff. Sometimes I can get bogged down with comparison what with the internet etc. Keeping it simple really makes me happy just enjoying rather then feeling negative about being unrealistic.
- When setting goals making them realistic. I can’t always do what I want to do, which is fine. As I appreciate that I can’t have them standards makes me more accepting and happier. Changes are I have learnt that if I a relaxed I tend to get more things done anyway, sods law.
- Making sure I get fresh air even if it just found the block. I find it helps clears my head, gives me a break and a new scenery to enjoy.
- Be nice to myself, it is dame hard being a parent and sometimes I can be my own worst enemy. As I try to find perfection probably because I have disability that interferes with my parenting I judge myself too hard. But I am doing my best and that us what counts.
- I am more happier in life when I stop trying to find the answers to my questions that I cannot find the answers to. E.g. how to be a perfect mummy? It’s just not going happen and accepting that has made me much more happier.
- Nothing beats a hot tea and biscuits a perfect way for me to relax and be happy mummy!