Looking for a simple effect chocolate sponge cake. Then check out my recipe below.
150g milk chocolate
6oz self-raising flour
7-inch cake tin
1) Preheat the oven 170c and grease the sandwich tin and line with parchment paper.
2) Put all the sugar and butter into a bowl and mix together with an electrical whisk.
3) Crack all the eggs into a jug, then slowly pour a little egg into the mix and whisk. The consistency should be creamy.
4) Next gradually add the flour and mix into the mixture until the flour is all mixed in.
5) Melt the chocolate in the microwave for a minute and then mix into the mixture.
6) Pour the mixture into the cake tin.
7) Place in the centre of the oven. Cook for 25 minutes then checks the cake with a toothpick to check if the cake is cooked. I had to constantly check it a fair few times (5-minute intervals) until the stick was clear.
8) Take the cake out of the tin and place it on to a cooling rack to cool down.
Cheers for reading X