Sometimes I just want to throw the towel in because I feel like a pile of shit. I am particularly venerable in feeling down because my confidence is at rock bottom. It can be really mentally draining when you are rejected all the time, it can be so disheartened especially when you have so much hope in that one thing. So, how do you overcome rejection, well here my tops to cope with such a horrible feeling.
1) First of it is ok to grieve in a sense and have a good old cry. I feel it is good to mope for short period as it gives you more time to come round to the decision.
)Reminding yourself that this feeling will pass and it will get better.
3) A great way to try not to pay all your attention on the feelings of rejection is to keep yourself distracted. This will make you not feed into the downward spiral of a downer instead you can do something practical and deal with the feelings at a later date when you are calmer.
4) Accepting the rejection and moving on. It may help to acknowledge that you are not the only person in the world to have experienced rejection. At some point in life everyone will experience rejection even the most successful people can;t run away from it either.
5) Rejection maybe a good thing for you. For example if you attended a job interview you could ask the interviewer the reasons behind their decision to not employ you. This could potentially help you learn and help make changes to improve if needed.
6) Finally I feel it is important to praise yourself as it is an indicate that you are living your life and taking that risk by putting yourself out there. It takes courage to put yourself in a venerable situation so take time to appreciate the work you have achieved.
What ways help you deal with rejection?
Cheers for reading X