Today I saw a colouring in book in Poundland and it all based on this term Hipster. I have heard this termnology quite a few times over the past couple of years, so I thought I would come up with some key chartersitics in what makes a hipster.
I just thought I would start of with the definition of what a Hipster is: It is someone who follows the trends/fashion that is outside the cultural mainstream.
Please note it is just a bit fun, nothing serious.
1) Firstly, I think one of the main identify features is the beard, not the dirty biker type but you know the clean and grommed variety. It is looks pristine and full of beard oil.
2) They hate anything associated with mainstream, for instance they love films that are underground and unheard of.
3) To be a true hipster they don’t like any well named bands such as Beyonce but go for the more unusal tastes. They love bands such as Death Cab for Cutie or Radiohead or Archaide of Fire.
4) They hang out in artys fartsy coffee shops and post their arty coffee on Instagram. Or unusal places that no other person has heard avout.
5) They are likely to be riding a bicycle as a mode of transport and look down on people who drive a car.
6) Old technology is popular for the hipster and when they are walking about outside they flash the old walkman.
6) Massive fan of ‘vintage’ and get all there clobber from flea markets or raided from there parents and grandparents wardrope.
7) They wear spectcles not because of poor vision but for a fashion statement.
8) Tend to be a vegan and more then likely have a speicfic instagrem account for all their foodie pictures which happen to be taken from there old style camera such as a Fuji X.
9) A hipster is found to have on their YouTube channel videos full of live music.
10) They wear lumbar jackets, skinny jeans and converse…you know what am talking about, this is a common uniform for a hipster.
Cheers for reading X