I will be honest with you here I think Barbie is a k**b and she is not a very good role model for youngsters. I have stated my reasons below ⬇ ⬇ ⬇ ⬇ ⬇ ⬇ ⬇ ⬇ ⬇ ⬇
- She is so vein, all she seems to care about is what she looks like. Given girls this warped up sense that to get anywhere in life in order to be popular you have to be pretty.
- Barbie has unrealistic expectations around body image. She makes out that you can be or do anything you want as long as you are blonde, tall and skinny. To me this sends out a negative message and can cause anxiety. Lets not forget the dodgy ratio which us so ridiculous it is laughable.
- She is so sexualised and it is about looking sexy with the short clothing, heals and tits out, come on let girls be girls, childhood is short lived so let them just have fun and and be innocent.
- Barbie does not look her age, she is 57 years old people !and in really life properly would have some serious surgery to keep her youthful looks.
- Her feet are not designed for heels 👠 which is a bit weird anyway. Let’s face it flat shoes rule, fuck you beauty standards.
- Barbie dolls make out they are thick and have little intelligence. Let’s look at an example; Mattel brought out a book which features Barbie in it called I Can Be A Computer Engineer. Which portrayed Barbie as lacking the skills to know what the hell is happening and a need to constantly rely on male classmates for help.
- She things she is perfect in everything but this bollocks as we all know that perfection is NEVER going to happen as it does not exist!
- She is materialistic and all she cares about is buying clothes, cars and having a good time. Shouldn’t we be teaching kids more deeper stuff instead money makes thew world go round.
- She has weird body ratios that are mind boggling. Her neck is super long. Her legs are longer then her arms by 50% compared to normal a average women only being 20%. Her 16 inch waist would leave only room for the liver and a few inches of intestines. You get the idea of just a the few examples I provided.
So yeah, Barbie sucks and OK dolls are for imaginary play so therefore some leeway. But there is Barbie programme now sadly which I have sat through. All I get from this programme is how pretty I am and look me. This clearer is being televised for young viewers to watch which as they clearly venerable at that cage with getting sucked in the message of these stupid ideas. It can have psychological effects with anxiety and self consciousness with who you. So, even though Barbie may come across as in innocent toy be very careful of the subtle messages she sends out.
Cheers for reading X