I love a linky but I also get irritated by certain aspects of the linky business. I am going to write my reasons about how I feel my regarding the whole linky business.
1) When I first started out blogging and didn’t know much about it I found linkies a great way to get noticed as it were. But also they helped me get awareness
2) When joining in with linkies are a great source of inspiration and ideas from others.
3) Certain linkies have themes to them. Which is great if your stuck for something to write about and can give you focus.
4) Downfall with some linkies is their are certain conditions attached such as having to comment on X amount. I understand this can be a fairer way of getting comments for others and sharing the love. On the other hand I don’t like the pressure of choosing. You then can’t be bothered to link up as you got to remember the rules. It can be a right drag. At times I feel a bit of a cheat with not being genuine but doing a comment because it is a rule. I hate having to think of something for the of post that I be to go to. On contract when I have the choice to chose to comment on a blog it tends to be something I am interested in. Therefore I tend to have an opinion on and can way something that is beneficial rather then just blagging a comment for the sake of it.
Likewise I don’t want others to comment on my blog posts because they feel forced into it. I much perfer someone to have the choice to read or comment because they want to. I honestly would opt to have no comments or no one read my posts over being told to do so.
5) Linkies can help you connect with like minded people. There is something lovely when you write something and you get comments from others who identity with it. It makes you feel bot so alone.
6) Linkies can help grow your blog and spread awareness to your material.
7) one of the things you have to bear in mind when linking is the fact that it can be time consuming. You have to make the effort to post on social media and comment back. Though I think this is fair deal when.you are signing up for the service in a sense.
8) Personally for me if I join too many I can get overwhelmed with what is happening and feel like I don’t know whether I am coming or going. It can also make me lack motivation and not want to work on my blog so therefore I have to remind myself that it is my blog, my space and have the choice to participate in what I want. You can easily get consumed by the whole blogging world but sometimes it is good to take a step back and reflect what blogging means to you. Though everyone is different and you do what makes you happy.
9) Linky parties help find some great Bloggers that I love reading and find that I return frequently. Linkies have helped me understand the blogging world better and how to design my blog to a more personal level.
10) A downfall is when you go on to blogger’s Linky and there are a million ads that pester you sign up for weekly emails. Trust me I have enough junk as it is in my inbox to not want to add extra stuff to it. If I like something I go hack and return on my own devices. I hate the kind of hard sell in any way shape for form in my life so it goes without saying that I detest it in the blogging world!
Cheers for reading X