We all know that kids can get bored. Sometimes I find it hard to think what to do with my child because of things going on, tired or whatever the reason. Therefore having a safety net of ideas to help as a back up plan can help ease the stress and I don’t have to think which is an added bonus! So here is my top 10 boredom busters.
- Read a book and use voices to entertain little ones. You help them educationally and it is structure that makes a chance instead of using toys.
- Bake something though make sure you measure the ingredients and have everything prepared before you let the Kiddo’s lose in the kitchen.
- Use every day objects, whether it be building blocks or cars to make shape rinting. A fun and exciting alternative use when painting with children.
- Alternatively get a straw and blow paint on paper to create a different pattern. Kids love blowing and painting so what better combination to use.
- Make a den in the living room, throws put up and place cushions on the bottom to sit on. A great way to escape and perfect activity for the wet days we are frequently getting at the moment.
- Write a letter and send it to someone say a grandparent. They love a little trip to the letter box and putting it into the letter box. It makes it feel really important and special.
- Have a disco in your own living room. Whack some fun tunes on YouTube and get dancing. Great way to get the kids exercising whilst having fun!
- Get your little darling to help when your cleaning. Even if it is just the hoover or the feather duster they love helping and mininicung you.
- learn a new song with actions. Both my boys love singing so it is a perfect way to kill some time.
- Get a roll of paper and get your child to lie on it and draw around the body. Then you can colour it in.
Cheers for reading X