This is a poem I wrote this week. I just let the words flow. I like it because it is messy just like me. I am not refined, nor do I fit a certain way, I am just being me. It shows that Autism is a hell of an emotional roller coaster and that is just in a week. Autism is more complex then how often you have a panic attack you can’t judge or estimate. The condition is ironically ambiguous and unmeasurable. I get angry with certain organisations that think Autism is nothing and don’t appreciate the fact of the complexities of the Spectrum that even for me. Just one individual how much it can change. It’s not free flowing, it has messy wires that don’t fit a criteria. It’s not mental health nor is it learning disability. It feels to me like it is just a floater and that so many people fob the condition off as bad behaviour. There is so many layers and complexities that you can’t see as its such a invisible condition therefore harder I suppose in once sense to understand.
Can’t stop these feelings,
That erupt inside of me,
They just keep on coming,
Straight right through me.
I just want to stop,
Just for a minute,
To breathe and just be,
But my wires won’t let me bd.
Sometimes I feel too much,
Where other dayd I feel nothing,
Or so I think,
But most of the time I am just struck,
With confusion and wonder.
Sometimes I question how I am,
How I even manage a day,
Others I an in total denial,
Fooling myself with the fakery.
This is me,
Through and through,
Turmoil will always be,
And my wires tangled up,
Cheers for reading X
I was recently asked by Trespass to review one of their items. As it has been so cold later and I take my boys to the park regularly I chose a Duffle Wool Coat in charcoal colour. It is made from a wool blend. Inside there is a quilted lining with soft padding which helps trap heat in when needed out and about.
Inside the hood it is lined with tartan. which I absolutely love for material and style.
The coat comes with adjustable wrist straps which is great for keeping you all snug in the colder weather outdoors.
There is a full zip and toggles to give you that extra comfort and warmth.
I find there sizing perfect for me and their range goes up to a xxl. They also do clothing in men and children’s range.
I particularly love as a parent the large pockets so that I can fit my toddlers beaker inside and the thousands of stones they seem to collect outside.
I like the colour of the coat being charcoal as it compliments many different outfits.
I have to say the quality of the coat is fantastic. It is super soft and I have adopted it as my new firm favourite coat. It is fantastic in going outdoors and it is not too heavy in weight so I don’t feel overheated but at the same time it feels snuggly when out the cold weather. So that makes it perfect for a day out. I definately recommend Trespass as they have a wide range of ladies casual jackets which is fantastic for the great outdoors. You can find other products here: Ladies Casual Jackets
Cheers for reading X
You can lose weight just by altering some small changes to your diet. Sometimes we can forget what goes on our mouths and can overindulge in the calories. So it is a good idea to write a food diary to understand your eating patterns. Importantly to help with your diet swapping high calories for lower calorie subsitutes. Here are my top ten lower calorie food swaps.
1) If you want something sweet try yoghurts that are low fat such as Muller Light yoghurt or low fat natural yoghurt.
2) Instead of using sugar in your beverages swap with sweeter. This can really help save a fair few cals!
3) When I desperately need chocolate go for lower calorie chocs such as Curly Wurly, Freddie or Crunchie are a better alternative chocolate fix.
4) Carbs are heavy in calories so why not swap less carbs for more vegetables. Much healthy and also for me less bloating.
5) Instead of using full fat butter why not swap it for a lower calorie spread. Tends to use oil which is much better for you and your health.
6) I love bread and don’t think I could live without it in my life. So I compromise with using Weight Watchers bread. Yes it’s smaller in size to a regular size but it has the benefit of being lower in calories.
7) Alternatively Ryvita is a great snack or for lunch.
8) If your looking for that chocolate treat look no further then chocolate shot. I have just discovered this beauty but for 14 cals per teaspoon great way to jazz up fruit or yoghurt. Certainly hits the sweet fix.
8) I love fizzy pop but instead of going for ladened with sugar full pop swap for a diet pop version. Major difference in calories.
9) Great idea for burgers instead of using a burger bun swap it for an English muffin. Still has the desired effect and great especially for BBQ season.
10) When Having meat products if they have fat on trim away and take the skin off chicken.
Well my word of the week is
Because the children have returned to nursery and normality returns once again. I know this is so cliché but I don’t know where the week has gone. It has happened though and that is that.
I won’t complain mind as I have been thinning out the boys toys, amazing how much crap they culminate over time. The good thing is that it feels lighter and tider. Psychologically I feel so better for it and OMG we can now see some of the floor, haha!
Sadly the one downside when the children go to nursery is bang getting a full blown cold and cough. I actually have at night random coughing fits but it is slowly going.
Looking forward to taking the boys to the park at the weekend for a bit of a play and fresh air.
Hope your having a good week.
Cheers for reading X