Following on from my last post about signs of my child saying goodbye to the Pushchair. I am now doing this post on ways to wean your child away from the pushchair.
- When starting off make sure that you do regulatrips or take your child out the chair and making sure you have the buggy as safety. It may take time for your child to get used to the idea and that is OK because change takes time.
- Make sure you have a harness/link wrist or even a bag with a harness. Though my son hated that but others love having a little back all of there own. This can help little ones feel independent.
- As a motivator my son would carry something small as he loves to help and copy adults. Even if it is just a carrot he will feel important and want to help. Therefore it can help motivate him to walk further.
- Use a reward chart as an incentive to promote walking and can help them be more inclined to walk that bit more.
- To get them to walk somewhere like a park once a week so they get a chance. This helped with my eldest as it was more fun to be free to run around but also can help them built up there fitness.
Cheers for reading X