I am feeling a bit low after new year and there is that feeling of emptiness properly from all the built up and then the comedowen of it all. Therefore, I thought I would focus on some good and positive things that make me happy as a happy mama. Here are my tpp ten things:
- Sleep is everything once you become a parent and it is the backbone of functioning. Getting a good night sleep is so important as a parent and to my own wellbeing.
- Laughter in any shape or form I find important in my life.I know for me enjoying something with my partner such as watching a stand up comedy show is a perfect way to Chill out and feel good.
- Having some ‘me time’ whether thast be in the form of a bath, a bit of colouring in or even blogging all can help reduce tension and feel better within myself.
- I don’t know if it is just me but as a parent the guilt is a killer particularly with comments like, ‘enjoy them when they young’. sometimes it leaves me so uptight that I don’t enjoy anything as I am so on edge. I have learnt to just go with the flow enjoy what you have got and don’t worry about the ‘what ifs’ as it is important to be just in the moment.
- Sitting back and appreciating the small stuff. Sometimes I can get bogged down with comparison what with the internet etc. Keeping it simple really makes me happy just enjoying rather then feeling negative about being unrealistic.
- When setting goals making them realistic. I can’t always do what I want to do, which is fine. As I appreciate that I can’t have them standards makes me more accepting and happier. Changes are I have learnt that if I a relaxed I tend to get more things done anyway, sods law.
- Making sure I get fresh air even if it just found the block. I find it helps clears my head, gives me a break and a new scenery to enjoy.
- Be nice to myself, it is dame hard being a parent and sometimes I can be my own worst enemy. As I try to find perfection probably because I have disability that interferes with my parenting I judge myself too hard. But I am doing my best and that us what counts.
- I am more happier in life when I stop trying to find the answers to my questions that I cannot find the answers to. E.g. how to be a perfect mummy? It’s just not going happen and accepting that has made me much more happier.
- Nothing beats a hot tea and biscuits a perfect way for me to relax and be happy mummy!
Cheers for reading X