With parenthood nothing runs smoothly and somethings can quite frankly get on your goat. Nothing is perfect in parenthood it comes with its challenges so here are most irritating pet hates that annoy the crap out of me.
- Repetion of questions – I know it is lovely when your little one speaks and has an inquestive mind showing that your little darling is into things. But let’s face it there is only so many times you can answer the same question again and again and again and again before you secretly fatasty about quietness just for time to think without being smothered with the demand for answers!
- Hearing my own voice – what can I say my children as soon as they learnt the skill of selective hearing they get smart and used it to their advantage. It is so dame annoying hearing your own voice and trying to stay calm. For example getting your children to nursery and encouraging them to get dressed when they so can’t be arsed so they chose to ignore you instead. Not to mention if you have more then one child and hearing you say time and time again play nicely, stop jumping on your brother, for God sake just share the plastic jelly baby pot.
- It is totally mind field for me to understand the social rules of parenting and what to say or how much to say to other parents. What to get your sons friend from nuersry etc etc. My son is has not even started school yet and then in will even more social rules to deal with.
- When having a baby you were entitled to watch several hours of crap TV in peace with hot teas. Now moving forward to the Toddler age you may as well kiss good bye to watching anything of your own during the day. With our home now with two toddlers and their noise and demands you miss your programme anyway so you may as well just watch another God dame episode of Peppa Pig.
- Songs that get stuck in your head – from the telly whether that be Peppa Pig or Fireman Sam theme tune you will be stuck with it going round in your head all day long and find yourself humming along.
- Getting under your feet – I love my kids but at times they can get so frustrating as they have this ability to get under your feet when trying to do something. Alternatively my eldest loves to try and block you from entering a room just for laugh. It doesn’t matter whether your rushing around cleaning the flat to make it look half decent for visits it is more fun to stop mummy, yeah right!
- Lego pieces – that get everywhere and kill when standing on them. They are so painful and so smallne that they really should come with insurance.
- Throwing food – why, why, why do children havd to throw food about everywhere in places that are imaginable and find months later, vom!
- Meltdowns – particularly I find stressful in public to deal with. Yes this is typical child behaviour but so hard to deal with especially when your child is tired. There is no rational stance with your child when they hit meltdown mode so it can be really stressful to try to get them to calm down and then you need to calm down, just a nightmare really.
- With both my sons trying to get them to share the tablet, drink, felt tips, stickers you name it I guarantee there will be a squabble between my boys. It is so bloody hard work at times to constantly break up the battles but luckily the good out weigh the bad or else I would be locked up in the psychiatric ward.
Cheers for reading X