As it is Halloween coming up nearly I thought I would do a Halloween themed art craft with the boys.
Today we had a go at making creepy crawly spiders. I may add though that it take us two days as it was best to wait for the paint to dry.
To make the spiders you will need:
- White paper plates
- Pipe cleaners (8 for each spider)
- Paint (Crayola I recommend as it is brillant to clean of and cleabs up straight away)
- Paint brushes/sponges
- Googly eyes (bigger ones for little tots are better as you don’t want to worry about chocking).
- Firstly get prepared (I learnt the hard way) get all the items together prior letting toddlers know what I am doing. Then get a mat cover the floor or table for protection against any spillages.
- Paint the plates with desired colours.
- Next day glue the eyes down on the plate.
- Add the pipe cleaners, four on each side and attach them to the plate with sticky tape.