Hope your having a lovely week in the sun, it has been super ace here. My word of the week is –
This week has been a blast in the sun and we have spend a fair few hours soaking up the rays in the great outdoors. Luckily both my children love parks, horray. Cheap and chearful and makes a great opportunity to chance the scenery. I love beening outdoors and we had a great day out doing so. For my husband’s birthday we went to visit a local attraction called Plantasia and Maze World. I have been before and my hubby loves it. There is much to see and do that it is worth more visit and it is reasonably priced, win-win.
The attraction is mainly outdoors with a river set amongst the woodlands and widelifes which is simply stunning. We had a picnic (plenty of sitting by the way throughout the attraction) near the river and we got to watch the mummy ducks with their young ducklings. I mean we could spend an hour just watching the duck family as my sons loved watching them in their natural habitat just moouching around doing their day to day business. Around the river area are placards with detailed information on the different wildlife of birds and fish. My son really enjoyed spotting the wildlife and matching it up to the pictures on the boards.
After the picnic we ventured on to the mazes which are six different mazes all with their own theme ranging from the artitecture to Africa. We had so much fun exploring the mazes and getting los within the massive trees which takes you away with the theme. My sons loved the quest of finding the stamper for each maze and collecting them as the stamps have animal related ones matching the theme of the mazes. I particularly liked the Japanese maze which was very zen and relaxing with the different plants and water features.
Of course a day is not complete without a go or two on the park going down the wiggly slides or climbing up really high. That is what makes my boys very happy indeed!
Sadly, we could not stay longer as we were there only for the afternoon but definately going back for a whole day as their is lake walks and the farm animals to see. As youcan imagind this is a fun filled day for little ones. We did spend about four hours which obviously meant we worked for a checky ice cream and maybe one or two gifts from thr gift shop which you can’t escape. So overall that was a brilliant day outdoors for all and we are so lucky to live down the road so we can visit again!
- You so chilled and don’t follow any scedules
- You also stay calm and keep your togetherness whilst mummy is an emotional wreck
- You are really eyhudtastic streading the books at bedtime with different types of voices making it that extra special
- You are so anal and when you do something you put 100% into it.
- You think outside the box and have a creative flair in a organised manner which results in you having quirky ideas and you can bring them to life. You are hands on and a maker and I can’t wait for you to make our bunk beds they will be so bespoke!
- You keep things simple where mummy struggles greatly with this making everything much more complicated then it needs to be.
- Your always open and tell it as it is, a vagina is a vagina no messing about
- You never hide away and your top lesson that you teach your children is truth whether that be about mental health (mummy’s lol) or how the car works. Communication is very important for you and you want to pass that importance on to your children.
- You make your children feel calm knowing that you are true and trusted care giver in their life. You will protect them and always love them unconditionality.
- You have a wicked sense of humour.
- You hold me high on your shoulderscmaking me feel like a warrior.
- Your not scared to cry or shamed and open to emotions.
- Your the bedrock of this family and keep everything together.
- Life is compete with you in our lives
- You accept me for who I am and don’t put pressure on me but encourage my strengths.
I don’t know where you are but where I am the weather has been all over the place. Some days have been glorious but others have been really horrid. Boo to the rain and yeah to sunshine says a lot of parents including myself.
Well this week has been busy with going out on the days where it had been glorious. One of them days was with my son and I went to a wonderful park where there is a river. We had great fun playing pooh sticks which was hard for my son to stop after a while as he was having so much fun. But like everything there is never enough hours and us parents have to Boring chores. On the joy to be a carefree youth.
I digress it is really a pictureique with it it’s glorious rolling hills and over looking the castle a mile or two in the distance. I love beeing able to play hide and seek in the open air as there were so many glorious lucious gree trees with the sun shinning on the leaves. It definitely felt like summer that day. It was also a weekday which is great as there are mainly toddletrs my sons age and it is not as boisterous in the play park. It is a lot more easier being with children on the same wave length and my son had lots of fun playing with new people. This is really positive as my son has a speech delay so watching him after making progress in therapy was a real joy to see.
As my youngest is nursery in the afternoon it gave me chance to have some 1-2-1 time and purely focusing on my sons wishes and wants. As having an age difference can be a blessing but it also can be a hindrance when they both want to play on different things.
When we were at the park my son was at his happiest on the zipwire as it was totally abondened today and unlike other days where it is crowded with the older children. I think through observation my son loves the fast pace of the ride and the feeling if free high up the air. Which seeing him really happy and smiley makes me feel proud as I at times have dealts i supposes this part of being a parernt.
Finally, we ended with a lovely walk through the fields into the town centre where there is a 50’s inspired ice cream parlour where my son felt like he was in hevean with his tub of bubble gum ice cream. Overall, I thought the day out was a success and both mummy and son needless to say slept soundly that night!
Thank you for reading X
I know that I don’t tell you enough but I am thankful that you came into my life. I know you would tell me that I am being negative when I say this but before you I really never imagined I would be in a long term relationship. I just had visions of myself being that crazy old cat lady with piles of books beside her. How much did I know? What a journey we have been on but though there have been testing times especially the last few months we have stuck together and now I can see the light we are still hear staying strong.
I could never imagine having anyone else but you and you have changed me for the better. This sounds corny but my life feels complete and we are so very blessed to have two gorgeous sons.
We are still learning about each other and as parents. It is not easy but with you by my side I know we can get through it and when the time comes we will be able to reap the rewards.
I will always treasure the moments and glad I did marry you even though at first I was against the idea. I feel like I am a person now and have meaning in my life rather then an existence.
I know I am a miserable cow sometimes and have my ‘issues’ But I just want to take five minutes out from the hectic life and say thank you and I love you for being in life. You are my rock and you have never let me down where others have. I trust you completely which is saying something as I find it really hard to lose control.
Your bunny forever X
Hope your having a good week. Thought I would comply a gratitude list for June – helps but life into perspective not to mention my love for lists. So here goes…..
- Early mornings when the sun shines and you can get some much needed work done.
- A lovely hot brew first thing in the morning really helps kick start my day.
- Rest as this has been beneficial to me this week and to slow down. Life can be really fast paced at times as a mummy that it is good to recharge your batteries. It was much needed due to my energy levels being low and lacking motivation.
- When dropping my son of at nursery he is happy and settled without being clingy. Knowing he is comfortable and not upset about the fact mummy is leaving makes me feel contended.
- Eating more healthier makes me feel so much better physically and mentally. I feel less bloated which in turn makes me feel comfortable in my own skin.
- I am trying to walk more to get fitter and enjoying the sunshine as it makes walking so much more pleasanter.
- Comedy is a real tonic and has helped me relax when I have felt stressed or anxious.
- Watching my eldest play more independently and not relying on adults so much for entertainment.
- My eldest is using his imagination more as at one stagr we were worried about that regarding development.
- I’m not reading into my intrusive thoughts as much creating a more chilled environment at home.